The goal of the Vida Church Partners Program is to partner with area churches and congregations to unite as brothers and sisters in Christ in an effort to serve men and women who are facing unplanned pregnancies or are parenting children under challenging circumstances. Together, we love and encourage these women and men so that they have the capacity, in turn, to love themselves and their children.
Here are six common ways our church partners support and advance our shared mission:
Pray for those we serve.
Welcome clients seeking a church home or spiritual guidance.
Prayerfully consider making a one-time, monthly, or quarterly monthly, quarterly, or annual financial contribution.
Promote volunteering with Vida.
Create opportunity for church members to donate baby supplies.
Encourage outreach activities and an extension of Vida's ministries.
If interested in becoming a Vida Church Partner, please complete the below form, and a Vida Church Partners representative will be in touch within a few days to discuss the opportunity further, answer questions, and talk next steps. Thank you for your interest and prayerful consideration of being a Vida Church Partner!
Is your church hosting an event, support group, educational series, or other gathering that may be of interest to Vida clients, patients, and/or supporters? If yes, the event may be included on our Vida Church Partners calendar. Please complete the form below for consideration. Thanks!
Pray – Pray for us and those we serve!
The first and most important thing your church can do is to fervently and faithfully pray for men and women facing unplanned pregnancies, our brothers and sisters affected by abortion, and parents and children facing challenging circumstances.
- Include Vida clients in prayer intentions during Mass, at your church service, or when in small groups.
- Pastors are welcome to call Vida to pray with the staff and volunteers; times and dates can be arranged ahead of time.
- Hold a spiritual adoption campaign by creating pledge cards and encouraging church members to pray every day for nine months for a pregnant mother and her baby.
Volunteer – Serve by promoting volunteering at Vida!
Volunteers are a critical extension of Vida. By giving of time and talent, they help serve men, women and children with hearts full of compassion to advance our mission. There are several opportunities to serve, such as becoming a male or female
mentor, providing handyman services, or helping out at our baby boutique. Explore our volunteering page for more ways to get involved.
Spiritual Guidance – Foster a life-affirming environment in your faith community!
- Speak from the pulpit. Plan at least one Sunday a year to give a sermon devoted to celebrating and advocating for life. You can find great sermon ideas from local pastors at wisconsinrighttolife.org/ preaching-resources.
- Share an encouraging message. Film an encouraging message to be shared with Vida clients, or let us feature your life-affirming sermons on Vida’s website.
- Be ready with open arms. Welcome Vida clients seeking a church home. Consider partnering with an organization like Embrace Grace to be ready to accept Vida clients into your spiritual family.
- Annual Vida ecumenical prayer service. Take part in a yearly prayer service with other Vida Church Partners. Consider mobilizing your church members to take the lead on organizing or hosting this event.
- Host life-affirming Bible studies. Encourage continual growth in loving and valuing life at every age and every stage. Focus on the Family is a great resource for pro-life bible studies, parenting bible studies, sexual integrity, and post-abortion healing.
Collect – Create opportunities for baby supply donations!
Our clients work towards acquiring baby & personal necessity items through our education program. Vida keeps an updated wish list of needs here. Your congregation could purchase or donate gently used items such as cribs, car seats, highchairs, etc. for these types of drives.
Keep a Vida donation bin in your gathering space throughout the year.
Pick a month during the year to conduct a specific donation drive.
Participate in our Christmas Adopt-a-Family Program to bless clients with Christmas gifts.
Outreach – Be extensions of Vida through ministry efforts.
Church Partners are strongly encouraged to claim Vida’s ministry as their own and even grow this ministry right in their own church! Follow in Vida’s footsteps by supporting and affirming parents who chose life for their children. Reach out to your community with practical help and advocacy. Promote the medical, education, and material support services provided by Vida. Have Vida brochures are available in your gathering spaces or church office.
- Host a mothers play group. Provide much needed fellowship time for moms with preschool-aged children and invaluable time for kids to play together. This could be a weekly group that meets in your church’s childcare area. Organizing park-hopper groups is a great idea for moms to do life together in the summer. If you have a small congregation or have only a few moms interested in participating,
reach out to other Vida Church Partners to form a larger group!
- Host a dad’s day off. Open your church so dads from the community can enjoy a guys day. They can watch a sports game together, participate in an outdoor cornhole competition, or play in a 3-on-3 basketball tournament. Have
volunteers offer childcare. It’s perfect to have around Father’s Day.
- Host a mom’s day out. – Open your church so moms from throughout the community can enjoy a day to be pampered with manicures, coffee, fellowship time, and even a movie. Make sure your volunteers are ready to supply childcare so moms can let their hair down!
- Have a parent’s night out (PNO). – A fun pajama and pizza party for the kids (and childcare volunteers) while giving parents a much-needed night out! It’s great to offer in early December so parents can get their Christmas shopping done. Quarterly PNOs provide respite to parents who may not have support.
There are many different ways for your church to financially support this ministry: tithe, pass the plate, or fundraise. You can also provide Vida donation envelopes & online giving information to encourage members to prayerfully consider making a donation on their own. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Run a chili cookoff. Contestants register to cook their “famous” chili recipe, while attendees pay a flat rate to taste test each chili and vote on a winner. A great event to have at your church picnic!
- Host a ladies for life tea. A ticketed event perfect to have around Mother’s Day. Ladies enjoy tea, desserts, finger sandwiches, and a silent auction. It’s a great opportunity to invite life-affirming speakers to share their testimonies. Enlist your men’s ministry to serve refreshments and provide childcare.
- Hold a bake sale. Ready, set, bake! This sale to benefit Vida can be run church-wide or in smaller ministry groups. Consider turning it into a pie, cheesecake, or
cupcake bake-off competition!
- Host sporting competitions. Get the guys involved by organizing different tournaments & competitions, such as 3-on-3 basketball, cornhole, trap shooting, or bowling. Participants pay a registration fee and collect pledges. A
raffle and silent auction are also great additions to have
at this type of event.
- Host community food events. Put on an All-You-Can-Eat “Pancake & Porkie” or French Toast Breakfast, Fish Fry, or Booyah Drive-Through with proceeds benefiting Vida.
Below, alphabetized by church and community, is a list of current Vida Church Partners. We are blessed to have so many friends of Vida!
- Apostolic Truth Church (Appleton)
- Appleton Alliance Church (Appleton)
- Breakthrough Covenant Church (Appleton)
- Calvary Chapel (Appleton)
- Covenant Christian Reformed Church (Appleton)
- Faith Lutheran Church (Appleton)
- Grace Christian Fellowship (Appleton)
- Sacred Heart Parish (Appleton)
- St. Bernadette Parish (Appleton)
- St. Edward Catholic Community (Appleton)
- St. Mary’s Catholic Church (Appleton)
- Pathways Church (Appleton)
- St. Pius X Catholic Church (Appleton)
- St. Therese Catholic Church (Appleton)
- St. Thomas More Catholic Church (Appleton)
- Valley Baptist Church (Appleton)
- Community Bible Church (Black Creek)
- Holy Family Parish (Brillion)
- Good Shepherd Parish (Chilton)
- St. Paul Catholic Church (Combined Locks)
- Immaculate Conception Church (De Pere)
- St. Nicholas Catholic Church (Freedom)
- Holy Cross Parish Family/ACBA (Green Bay)
- Ss. Peter and Paul Catholic Congregation (Green Bay)
- Alleluia Lutheran (Greenleaf)
- Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church (Greenville)
- St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception (Greenville)
- SS. Peter & Paul Congregation (Hortonville)
- Life Bridge Christian Church (Howard)
- Kaukauna Catholic Parishes
- Holy Cross Catholic Church (Kaukauna)
- St. Katharine Drexel Parish (Kaukauna)
- Fox Valley Christian Fellowship (Kimberly)
- Holy Spirit Parish (Kimberly)
- St. Mary’s of the Lake (Lakewood)
- St. John Nepomucene Parish (Little Chute)
- Sacred Heart (Manawa)
- Christ the Rock (Menasha)
- Cornerstone Church Fox Valley (Menasha)
- St. Mary and St. John the Baptist (Menasha)
- Peace Lutheran (Neenah)
- St. Margaret Mary Parish (Neenah)
- Most Precious Blood Catholic Church (New London)
- Peace Evangelical & Reformed Church (Potter)
- St. John the Baptist (Seymour)
- Hope Community Church (Shawano)
- St. Patrick Catholic Parish (Stephensville)
- Tri-Parish Faith Communities
- St. Mary Help of Christians (Hilbert)
St. John-Sacred Heart (Sherwood)
St. Mary of the Dolors (Stockbridge)